Monday, January 18, 2010

Just Be

Doubt thou the stars are fire,
Doubt the sun doth move,
Doubt truth to be a liar
but never doubt thy love.
I am always amazed when I look at the world around me & see that there is, in every place in the world, in every shape & size of animal, a true display of love & affection.  
Not only a display of it, but a genuine need to be close to another living being.  
The world would be a better place if silent love & affection could be given without all the words that in the grand scheme of things seem so unimportant.  
Sometime just "being" is enough.

3 comments:

Laloofah said...

What a sweet post. Love the adorable picture! Your words made me think of this, an excerpt from a poem a friend sent me on my birthday. Seems very appropriate to send on to you today! :-)

On this echo-ing day of your birth,
May you open the gift of solitude
In order to receive your soul:
Enter the generosity of silence
To hear your hidden heart;
Know the serenity of stillness
To be enfolded anew
By the miracle of your being.
~John O'Donohue


Happy Birthday, dear Izzy! :-) xoxo

Vegan Wheekers said...

Amen to that!

Izzy said...

I don't think I will ever post another post that I feel is my favourite more than this one.