Sunday, February 21, 2010

Vegan Alfredo Sauce


1/2 cup vegan margarine
2 tbsp corn starch
8 oz vegan cream cheese
1 cup of soy milk or rice milk
1/4 cup of nutritional yeast flakes
2-3 garlic cloves minced
salt & pepper

In a small saucepan, melt the margarine (v) & add corn starch.  
When thickened, add the vegan cream cheese & stir 
continually until it is melted.  Once cream cheese is melted, add the 
remaining ingredients & stir until mixed & thickened.

You can add this to any pasta you like, 
personally I like tagliatelle pasta.  
I also like the combination of broccoli, mushrooms & zucchini.  
Add what you like or just throw it all over the pasta alone!  

Some days I think I could put it in a coffee cup & drink it! LOL
Sir Bunbun approves of this message!

2 comments:

Vegan Wheekers said...

I've been looking for a simple alfredo recipe. I'll try this one next time, thanks!

And a hallo to Sir Bun Bun from the Wheekers!

Izzy said...

Hope you enjoy! A happy week ahead to the Wheekers from the Bun!