Monday, March 29, 2010

Twitterpated

Every spring I can't help but think of this 
wonderfully quirky song that I sang as
a kid at the Kiwanas Music Festival.
Our choir teacher was a master of 
getting us little ones to sing with concise 
diction & an everlasting smile.  
Thanks Sheila.
video
                                         Click to sing along!

Everything is Twitterpated in the Spring
Skunks smell sweet,
Rabbits sing.
Daffodils go daffy when the bluebells ring,
The whole wide world's in love.
Froggies turn soprano & the birds sing bass,
Squirrels go nuts
Every place,
There's a Twitterpated look on every face
Cause everyone's in love.
When you can't control your grin
When your head's inflated
Love just socked you on the chin
Pal you're Twitterpated
Things begin to happen when a boy meets girl,
Deer meets doe,
Squirrel meets squirrel,
It's a topsy-turvy Twitterpated world,
When everyone's in love.

12 comments:

Vegan Wheekers said...

What a cute song! Thanks for the smile. I'm guessing "Twitterpated" could mean something else in this social media era? :-)

Izzy said...

I'm happy to say that this innocent little tune came long before! Glad you enjoyed.

Jenn Jilks said...

Yes, that was a fav in our house when the kids were wee!

Curtis said...

What is this recording from?

Izzy said...

I found this recording somewhere online by a lady named Betty Driver. I sang it as a kid in choir class & local competitions. It was hard to find but I thought the whole world knew it since it was a big thing to me as a kid.

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for this everywhere. I played Mrs. Raccoon in our grade school production over 30 years ago and could only remember the first verse. Thanks for posting!

shagun said...

Oh my God! I cannot believe I found this...my mother used to sing and act this song to me every time she got the chance to, she passed away 3 yrs bk and since then I have been trying to remember it but have been unsuccessful, thank you so much for reminding me of the whole song! I will now never forget it.

Izzy said...

You are most welcome. I hope you find sweet memories of your mom in it.

shagun popli said...

how do I download this song? I can't find a link on youtube either.

Izzy said...

I believe I purchased it from iTunes. From the Album "The Girl From the Street".

Janet said...

I have been looking for this song for years!! It is from the 'original' Bambi movie! My sister took me to see the movie when I was 5 or 6 (1950-51) and I REMEMBERED it. Used to sing it all the time! Over the years I searched for the music and lyrics but could never find them, and then learned that this song was cut from the 2nd version of the movie, and it was never registered as a "Disney Song" I was going to sing it in one of our annual choir shows (we did one called "50 years of Song from the Movies". I was so disappointed. I think I did "Would You Like To Swing On A Star" instead.
I am so grateful to you for providing it!!

Izzy said...

You are welcome Janet! Its the cutest song. :)