Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Best Cookie Ever!

I leave you for a while, but I leave you with treats!  
I find myself in need of some rest, recovery &
rejuvenation of the body & mind.
I hope to return in Autumn.
3/4 cup Vegan Shortening
1 1/4 cups of brown/golden sugar - lightly packed
One egg replacer
2 tbsp of soy milk
1 1/2 tbs vanilla
1 3/4 cups of all purpose flour
1 tsp of salt
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 cup of vegan chocolate chips
1 cup of chopped pecans

Turn your oven on to 375ºF while you prepare the cookie dough.
In a medium sized bowl, cream together the shortening & brown 
sugar.  Use a blender on medium speed for about 2 minutes or 
until it becomes light & creamy.
Add the egg replacer, "milk", & vanilla & beat for one minute or
until you see that it is blended nicely.
In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt & baking soda.  I like to 
whisk this dry before I add it to the creamed mixture.   Beat this on
low speed for 1 minute until it is just blended.
Stir in the chocolate chips & pecans.  
Don't bother resisting putting some of this raw 
dough into your mouth!  DO IT!!
Drop 2 tbsp spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet 2-3 inches apart.
Bake for 8-10 minutes, you know your oven.  These will look
fairly moist when they are done, but they are done.  Trust me.
Set them on a cooling rack for 2 minutes & enjoy.
I usually put them on the cooling rack & stare at them as long as
I can before I begin to munch!


We do not have to visit a madhouse to find disordered minds; 
our planet is the mental institution of the universe.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(\(\
(='.')
o(_")")
♡♡♡♡♡


4 comments:

Vegan Wheekers said...

Wow, I shall have to try this one! I just so happen to have pecan in the pantry. Woohoo!

Enjoy your journey, whether it's simply away from the internet or a fun trip somewhere!

My hugs and a carrot for Mr. BunBun!

Izzy said...

My friend, you will not be disappointed! I do hope you will enjoy. My journey will take me to the sea for some rest & recovery. Hugs & snacks to you & the Wheekers!

ItsJustShannonP said...

Love the cloud, dollface. Enjoy your journey ♥

Izzy said...

And you enjoy your beer & ..... LOL xo