Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Badly Done!

Although a vegan, I have always enjoyed watching Top Chef & when I heard that there would be a Top Chef Canada; I was very excited.  I have tried to give it a chance, but in my opinion the challenges, the food prepared, & most of all, the judges have paled in comparison to its US counterpart both in talent & tact.  That was my opinion until last evening.

With their decision to put horse flesh on last nights episode, they have displayed a gross gluttony that I have no desire to continue to watch.The network is saying that it is trying to reach Canada's vast demographic, but since when is eating horses cool here in Canada?
I grew up on a 100 acre farm, we milked our cows, we ate our cows & chickens, I helped prepare the chickens & furs with my uncle at a young age.  Just because I have not eaten animal flesh in 22 years does not mean that I am naive about the ways of the "meat" world. But seriously...
While I'm at it, I'm pretty sure this is an unnecessary evil that Canada still perpetuates.  But thanks again Top Chef Canada for putting seal flesh on your menu also & showing that amidst all us nice, polite, agreeable Canadians, that there are a group of real assholes as well.  No one includes this group when they talk about our biodiversity!


Just because a thing is, doesn't mean it should be.
.
.

No comments: