Friday, June 24, 2011

Anything goes!

Southwestern Bean Salad
This was kind of a mish-mash of several recipes...being a simple gal at heart I felt no need for fancy vinegars & all that.  28 ounces of black beans, 2-4 cups of corn, some red onion, red pepper & half a cup of cilantro mixed up with a quarter cup of olive oil, juice from one lime & as much chili powder as you like...makes a tasty summer salad.  Chill it while you chill out...& enjoy.

Daiya Macaroni Salad
Another "what do I have in the fridge" recipe.  Chop up some mushrooms, broccoli, red pepper & garlic....or whatever you have & saute it in olive oil.  Add some macaroni, a package of veggie mozzarella cheese & some rice milk...season with salt & pepper!! For me this is "junk food"!!

Usually I keep my blog related to food or animals but I made this necklace & thought I would share!  The chain is handmade from brown coloured copper wire which I wound on a mandrel, handcut the rings, & then wove into the wonderful Queen's Chain or Box Chain Weave....this wee little chain is comprised of 16 feet of wire!!!  The pendant is a great piece of beach glass that I found last summer which I wrapped up & dangled from the chain!  Whaddaya think???

Happy Summer people!!

No comments: