Thursday, July 14, 2011

Spanish Gazpacho w/Cilantro Avocado Twist!!


aka Gazpacho
Summertime Yummies...can't get enough of them.  I hope you will enjoy this spicy cold soup over the coming hot days.  The glass in the photo is one from a tavern that my Grandmother worked at in 1944....designed at that time no doubt for gentlemen only.  Good girls didn't drink whiskey I'm sure!

5 tomatoes 1/4 inch dice
2 red peppers 1/4 inch dice
2 english cucumbers peeled & diced
1 jalapeno pepper minced
4 cloves garlic minced
3 shallots minced
2 avocado 1/4 inch dice
2-4 tbsp each of fresh coriander & basil
juice of one lemon
2 tbsp of red wine vinegar
4 cups of veg stock (I have used 2 cans of V8 & 2 cups stock for more colour)

In a non metal bowl, place to chopped tomato, cucumber, red pepper, avocado, garlic, shallots & jalapeno.  (I use a mini chopper to mince the garlic, shallot & jalapeno, but you can take out your days aggression & mince it on the cutting board.)

Use your food processor to pulse the rough cut veggies with a small amount of liquid to where the texture is best for you....still some chunky bites is the best.  I have to do this in two parts for the amount of veggies....place into a large plastic or glass bowl & then add the chopped herb, lemon juice, red wine vinegar & veggie stock & stir it up!

One can add vodka to this & serve it as an appetizer/before dinner cocktail if you are having a party.

Happy Summer!

This just makes me happy!!
Yes I "borrowed" this photo; I wish I was so lucky as to have been behind that camera!

Big Major Spot Island, Bahamas  I know where I'm heading when the snow flies!!!

Hee Hee

2 comments:

Vegodactyl said...

That soup looks amazing! Need to add it to things I'm trying!!

Izzy said...

Why thank you! I'm thinking that adding some horseradish to it wouldn't be the worst idea that I ever had! Hope you enjoy it! There is also a nice avocado/cucumber soup in the past posts you should try too...makes the whole house smell fresh!