Wednesday, April 25, 2012

©Mung Bean Meditation

As far as I know, this is an original izjustagirl recipe.  I hope you will enjoy!
 Preparing your grains/legumes ahead of time is not the worst idea you could have!
Chop up all the yummy veggies!
I swear, the beer is for scale only!  Really! 
Alas, the fancy food photo! Enjoy!

So today I took 3 hours, yes, 3 hours, & spent a little time in quiet meditation & contemplation.  I admit, I was not completely alone....John Mayer was kind enough to sing me a sweet serenade as I took the time to cook, chop, mince, & dice for 3 hours...thank the universe for Crossroads!  You can cut the time down I am sure but really, the way I see it, if you are doing this kind of work chopping...then make a lot.

2 c quinoa = 8 c cooked
2 c lentil = 5 c cooked
2 c mung bean = 7 c cooked
6 c diced english cucumber = 2 large cucumbers
4 c yellow/orange peppers = 3 peppers
6 c tomatoes chopped = 5-6 tomatoes
6 c parsley = 2 bunches cleaned & chopped

Cook the quinoa & legumes, that would be lentil & mung beans, & when cool, mix all the above ingredients together.

1/2 c olive oil
1 c lemon juice
1/2 c chopped fresh dill
4 tsp cane sugar
salt & pepper to your own very personal taste!

Whisk these ingredients together & add to your grain/veg mixture.  Yes, its a shit load of food...I know.  If you like, cut this recipe in half, but in my house this goes super fast!  I prefer this a day later after being refrigerated but you can munch on it as you like.

On a side note, get off John Mayer's back. He's as talented as he ever was & is trying to get well.  Knobs.



No comments: