Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Vegan Pecan Pie Bars - Gluten & Refined Sugar Free

While we were all busy at Christmas robbing our pantries of every last particle of sweet making potions, this is what I put together.
The previous post of Raw Vegan Almond Sauce was slightly random but here you can see in the centre, that it was put to good use!  I found the recipe here for the Rice Krispie Walnut Chocolate Bars.  This person used caramels from Kraft melted down but since I could not find vegan caramels....I wound up with the Almond "caramel".

Next on the yummy list is the Vegan Pecan Pie Bars, they are in my oven as we "speak".  These were a pleasant treat & having not had a butter tart or pecan pie in years.....it was well, nummy.

A no fail, no bake easy way to please just about anyone is with Unbaked Cookies.  Since the recipe that I have was given to me in 1981 & I still admire the beat up old stained, worn & loved recipe card that it is on, I will save that for another day.

Lastly, Cherry Whiskey soaked Marzipan balls dipped in chocolate.  No real science to it, but patience is required.  You can experiment by putting cherries in the centre & leaving them longer in order for the sugars to start breaking down the cherry to get that "real" chocolate covered cherry that you are used to. Note to self...no flat feet on them next time!! lol

Give it a try folks!  New is good.

No comments: