Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Strawberry Mango Crisp

I've been meaning to share this yummy treat for a little while, but sadly, it always goes so fast I can not get photos!! It took a flu day where I won't be eating much to get them!!
Quite an easy recipe that I got from 

Preheat your hot box to 400°F

4 cups of strawberries quartered
2 cups of mango diced 
4 tbsp of sugar - I use raw cane sugar
4 tbsp flour - I used Gluten Free Flour

Topping:
1 cup flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 cup brown or golden sugar
1/2 stick vegan margarine

Mix ingredients for the fruit mixture in a large 15" casserole pan.
Then mix the dry ingredient for topping, including margarine, together until you get a nice crumbly texture...best way is to get your hands in it!
Spread evenly over the fruit mix & pop it in to oven for 35-45 minutes.  

Make it as crispy at the end as you personally like it, after all, this is for you!!

A nice fruity light dessert served well with coconut ice cream in these cold wintry days!!

Enjoy!

No comments: