Sunday, September 22, 2013

Red Lentil Love

For all you girls who keep eating all my soup!! Hee Hee.  I live on this at least one day a week & well, I think I need to throw some on the stove right now!! :)

1 medium Vidalia Onion finely diced
3 medium Carrots finely sliced
1 cup Red Lentils
4 cups of Water

I like to put the veggies in my chopper & mince very fine...equals shorter cooking time & no hard bits due to uneven slicing/dicing.

Place these 4 ingredients into a large stock pot & bring to a boil.  Being attacked by yellow foam WILL occur, so please after you bring to a boil reduce the heat & keep the foam monster from messing up your stove top.  Cook until all veggies are completely tender; even falling apart on their own.  I do housework while this goes on...an hour is plenty.

1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 tsp Cumin Seed

In a small fry pan, heat up the oil until it is hot & add the cumin seeds.  Fry them until they are a nice brown colour...just before they burn. Then add to the soup pot....careful as you are adding oil to water & it will splash a little..take your time.  Grab your super duper zippy stick blender & puree the hell out of it all!!  You can add as much salt as you like while cooking or at the end. Up to you.

Double or triple the ingredients for more yummy soup....

1 comment:

almtsbb said...

Sounds Yummy, can't wait to try.